The call for applications for visiting faculty at the ACM off-campus programs has been posted to the ACM website. Open positions are:
· Botswana: Development in Southern Africa – Visiting Faculty Director, Spring '18
· Brazil: Culture, Community, & Language, PUC-Rio – Visiting Faculty Director, Fall '17
· Florence: Arts, Humanities, & Culture – Affiliated Scholar, Fall '18
· India: Culture, Traditions, & Globalization – Faculty Coordinator, August '17
· London & Florence: Arts in Context – Visiting Faculty Director in London (Spring '19) and Affiliated Scholar in Florence (Spring '19)
· Jordan: Middle East & Arabic Language Studies – Visiting Faculty, Fall '16 or Fall '17
· Newberry Seminar: Research in the Humanities – Faculty Co-Directors, Fall '18
· Shanghai: Perspectives on Contemporary China – Visiting Faculty Director, Fall '17
· Tanzania: Ecology & Human Origins – Visiting Faculty Director, Fall '17
The deadline to apply for positions on programs in Botswana, Brazil, Florence, India, London, Tanzania, and at the Newberry Library in Chicago is February 15, 2016, and the deadline for positions in Jordan and Shanghai is March 1, 2016.
Opportunities for faculty development in such positions are unique to the ACM consortium, and faculty who have served in these roles list some of the benefits as furthering their own understanding of the host country, building their research contacts, and sharing their experiences in unexpected ways when they return to the classroom on their home campus. ACM will fill these positions with faculty members who will benefit in like ways and will enjoy the challenge of guiding students in their intellectual and personal development in new environments.
Applications are welcome from faculty who are tenured, in tenure track lines, or are long-term faculty in nontenured positions. Participants receive their regular salary and benefits, along with a stipend for travel and living expenses.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Center for International Studies or contact the ACM Off-Campus Study Program Director, Joan Gillepsie at (312)-561-5906.